Asking: $ 1,825,000
One of the newest previously cruised Fleming 55s on the market. Very well equipped with twin 500 hp Cummins QSC 8.3 engines, an Onan generator, Sea-torque drive system, Furuno Navnet 3D & TZTouch electronics, Yacht Controller, Boning ship monitoring system, fiberglass hardtop with partial forward enclosure, Burrwood cap rails, and additional salon settee to starboard side. Interior accommodations include: a convertible queen berth to the port stateroom, bunk arrangement to starboard cabin, and a en-suite master to forward with an island queen berth.
- DECK & CONSTRUCTIONS
|ENGINES||Cummins QSC 8.3 @ 500 hp|
|EFFICIENT CRUISE SPEED||17 Kt|
|HIGH CRUISE SPEED||19 Kt|
|FUEL CAPACITY||1,000 gal|
|WATER CAPACITY||300 gal|
|BLACKWATER CAPACITY||100 gal|
Entering from the aft cockpit deck you are immediately greeted with a capacious salon. Featuring the timeless appeal of teak cabinetry, vast windows, teak sole with holly accents, and most importantly, an interior layout that balances form with function. This layout allows for an open social environment while keeping the function of the galley separated from the rest of the salon. With a 16’ beam, this spacious open floor plan makes entertaining guests an effortless endeavor.
Starting at the aft-port side of the salon is an end table followed by an extended L-shaped settee that wraps around to the edge of the galley counter-top and is complimented by a teak hi-lo table. To the starboard side is an additional settee which, along with the settee to the port side, provides comfortable seating for six in the salon. Storage options are provided by cabinetry throughout and storage cavities beneath each settee. An entertainment center to the starboard aft corner features audio-video equipment fit behind a teak cabinet and a 32” Samsung HD TV installed on a retractable lift. Just forward of the starboard settee resides a wine cooler.
- 32” Samsung HD LED TV installed on retractable Bennett TV lift
- KVH TracVision M5 with satellite receiver
- iPod connector
- Russound audio/video with 6-zone interface (salon, master stateroom, port stateroom, pilot house, flybridge, and cockpit)
- DVD/Blu-ray player & CD player
- Hide-away screen door
- Weighted Hi-lo coffee/dining table
- L-shaped settee along port side
- Starboard side settee
- U-Line wine cooler – to starboard
The galley is tucked to the port side just forward of the salon, which is separated by a large St. Cecilia granite countertop peninsula and overhead galley cabinets. Within the inboard overhead cabinet is a dumbwaiter that can be accessed from the flybridge. Wrapping around the U-shaped counter of the galley you will find a teak-faced dishwasher, stainless steel double bowl sink, 4-burner induction cooktop with custom pot holders, and a convection microwave overhead. Teak cabinets and drawers fill in the rest of the galley, including a storage compartment just forward of the cook top that can accommodate a full range of saucepans. Across to the opposing starboard side is a dish storage compartment, additional storage drawers, and full-sized teak-faced refrigerator.
- Stainless steel convection microwave
- Teak-faced dishwasher
- 220v (4) burner induction cooktop
- Full sized side-by-side teak refrigerator
- Granite St. Cecilia counter tops
- Stainless steel double bowl sinks
- Insinkerator waste disposal
- Insta-hot with hot and cold filtered water
Following the five short steps straight down from the salon will lead you to the central passage of the accommodations. This traditional layout has been a signature mainstay in the Fleming 55 and provides an easy and convenient flow of traffic throughout the boat. The central accommodations passage also makes it possible to appreciate the full length of the vessel from forepeak bulkhead to transom. Once in the passageway you will find a two-berth bunk arrangement in the guest cabin to starboard and a VIP guest stateroom to port with a two-berth convertible queen arrangement. Just forward of the starboard side guest stateroom in the passageway is a full-sized Bosch Axxis 220v washer & separate dryer followed by the guest head. The en-suite master stateroom tops off the accommodations at the forward peak.
The master stateroom is composed of a queen sized island berth (new mattress 2017) surrounded by shelves, cabinets, drawers, and his & hers hanging lockers to each side. The island berth arrangement allows for access from either side and the berth can be raised with a hydraulic lift to access a large storage cavity underneath, perfect for storing extra bed linens or keeping valuables out of sight. Over head are two skylights and a escape hatch which, along with port holes to each side, provide natural light to the cabin. To the port side aft wall is a mounted 22” Samsung HD TV facing the berth, also to the port side of the stateroom is access to the master head.
Both the master and guest heads are exceptionally spacious and feature one-piece molded fiberglass shower stalls with granite drain floors, glass and stainless steel shower enclosures, mirrored vanities with Hansgrohe fixtures, and Saint Cecilia granite countertops.
The port stateroom features two twin berths (new mattresses 2017) with a nightstand separating them. The nightstand can be removed and placed to the outboard corner to allow the twin berths to slide together in order to create a “convertible” queen when needed. Along the forward wall of the stateroom is a hanging locker with drawers below, a wall-mounted 19” flat screen HD TV, and a full length mirror. Additional storage is found through shelving above and drawers below the berths. The starboard stateroom features twin berths in a bunk arrangement with the top bunk capable of sliding in towards the outboard wall to provide more space for a single guest. There is a full length mirror on the forward wall and storage is provided via drawers, shelving, and a nightstand.
In many modern yacht designs it has become commonplace to eliminate the inside steering station, however the Fleming 55 features a dedicated pilothouse which closely resembles the bridge of a much larger vessel. This dedicated pilothouse takes the role as the primary location to control the boat without any distractions from other on-board activities. With that said, it remains only three short steps up from the salon & galley and it is only another four interior steps up to the flybridge.
Visibility forward and wrapping around to port and starboard windows is excellent. Below the expansive windshield are consoles which provide ample room for a full range of modern electronics and equipment without intruding on the engine instrumentation. Overhead consoles provide additional space for equipment within easy reach. Both AC and DC electrical breaker panels are below the console to either side and can swing out to provide access to wiring connections and backside of displays. There is a proper chart area to the starboard side with large drawers for maps, cruising guides, navigation instruments, binoculars, and other necessities. Centered along each port and starboard side of the pilothouse are sliding doors that lead out to the side Portuguese decks. To the aft of the port side-door resides a raised L-shaped settee and table which provides a comfortable social area with phenomenal visibility while underway. Aft of the starboard side-door you will find additional storage through a hanging locker and extra drawers. A large stainless steel teak-accented destroyer wheel and Stidd helm chair finish off the pilothouse and perfectly accent this ultimate cruising yacht.
- Furuno Navnet 3D MFDBB with radar)
- (2) NEC LCD 21” display monitors
- Furuno TZTouch 12” stand alone multi-functional display
- Boning 6.5” color central monitoring system
- (2) Smart 6” LCD engine control displays
- Glendinning engine controls
- Sidepower proportional bow & stern thruster control
- Naiad Multisea 2000 stabilizer controller
- Yacht Controller (2017)
- (3) Furuno RD-33 navigational data organizers
- Furuno AIS FA150
- Furuno Navpilot 700
- Airmar wind & weather station
- (2) Icom 604 VHF with command-mic in engine room and master stateroom
- Russound audio/video control panel
- 19” Samsung LCD TV
- CCTV with three cameras
- Remote displays for inverter
- Auto-anchor controls
- Horn (new trumpets 2017)
- Ritchie compass
- Black texalene windshield cover
The flybridge is easily accessed from the interior steps in the pilothouse or by the ladder from the cockpit. It features a two-seat upper helm station located to port that provides excellent visibility particularly in close quarters and bustling harbors with its 360 degree view. The electronics console is large enough to house an array of equipment with easy access to the rear of the console available by hinging open the bookshelf behind the pilothouse settee below. The starboard side of the flybridge features a U-shaped settee and a fixed fiberglass table. Aft of the helm on the port side consists of the hatch for the galley dumbwaiter followed by an additional settee. The following aft boat deck features a Steelhead 1,000 lbs hydraulic davit, AB 10’ RIB tender on mounted tender chocks, and a Switlik 6-man life raft to starboard. The hatch and step ladder to the cockpit resides to the aft port side, along with the aft control station. Overhead, a custom fiberglass hardtop with stainless steel supports is attached to the radar arch which in turn supports the custom mast, domes, and open array.
- Furuno NavNet TZTouch 12” stand alone multifunctional display
- Furuno Navpilot 511 autopilot
- (2) SmartCraft 6” LCD engine control displays
- ICOM VHF- M504 with command-mic in galley
- Glendinning engine controls
- Side Power bow/stern thrusters
- Engine start/stop
- Sidepower bow & stern thruster control
- Russound control panel
- Auto-anchor controls
Flybridge Features & Boat Deck:
- Fiberglass hardtop with stainless skylights and stainless supports
- Plexiglass windshield with stainless handrail
- Partial forward enclosure (2017)
- Steering console with controls and engine instrumentation
- Molded fiberglass table with teak top
- Ladder leading down to cockpit
- Freshwater wash down
- Aft deck control station with canvas cover
- Steel Head 1,000 lbs electric hydraulic davit with power rotation, slewing, hoisting (rebuilt Fall 2017)
- Tender: AB 10’ RIB with Honda tiller motor (less than 20 hours & has had service)
- Switlik liferaft (new – Spring 2017)
- LED courtesy lighting
In common with all Flemings, the hull is hand laid and solid fiberglass reinforced with a grid of stringers and frames. Vinylester resin is utilized below and above the waterline on the hull with further protection provided by epoxy barrier coats. A reasonable five foot draft allows for Bahamas cruising while ensuring that the running gear is protected by a full-length keel which is foam filled and glassed across the top to isolate it from the hull. This keel provides nearly a foot length of protection before the running gear.
On deck she has the mainstay walk-around decks and in combination with high bulwarks and a Portuguese bridge, security for both children and pets is ensured. The foredeck, Portuguese bridge, cockpit and side decks are all composed of natural teak. All of the cap rails, trim, and coaming boards throughout are made of Burrwood, a synthetic teak. The cockpit features a control station located starboard of the salon doors while a sealed cooler and additional storage is to port behind the ladder that leads up to flybridge. On the cockpit deck are four gasketed and lockable hatches that provide access to the engine room and spacious lazarette. Built-in cockpit seating and storage is provided through the cablemaster housings in each of the aft corners. Finally, the transom of the cockpit features a large gate that swings in to allow ingress to the swim platform.
Moving forward along the side decks you will discover entry gates on either side of the cockpit side decks. These gates provide lower entry close to the water line, meanwhile additional gates on either side of the raised Portuguese bridge give the option for a higher point of entry. Up to the bow will bring you to a non-skid foredeck with stainless steel handrails. Special attention has been paid to the ease and safety in which the heavy duty ground tackle is set and retrieved. The anchor platform accepts two anchors, each of which can be controlled by a handheld unit at the platform or by controls at both the pilothouse and flybridge helm stations. The anchor locker directly beneath the pulpit can serve as a great place for fender storage as well. Furthermore the inside wall of the Portuguese bridge includes two storage cabinets that give convenient storage for dock lines, windshield covers, and cleaning supplies.
- Built to European CE certification standards for ocean class
- Hand laid solid fiberglass hull
- Integrally molded guard with stainless rub rail
- Simulated planking grooves in hull
- Teak decks—cockpit, side, Portuguese, & fore deck (sanded in 2017)
- 40” swim platform with flip up cleats
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- Burrwood cap rails & coaming boards
- Oval stainless steel bow rail
- Bow pulpit: (1) Ultra anchor & Lofrans windlass with 300’ of 3/8” high tension chain
- Forward shore connect
- Stainless air horn mounted on pilothouse brow (new trumpets 2017)
- Cockpit control station: Glendinning controls, thrusters, Furuno autopilot, engine start/stop
- Cockpit ice chest / cooler under steps to flybridge
- (1) Aft cablemaster shore power housed in (2)molded cockpit seats
- Hot & cold freshwater wash down shower
- Fore & aft, fresh & raw water hose bibs
- Russound audio control in cockpit
Superior systems and engineering are key elements for Fleming Yachts, whose philosophy has always been to choose only the best equipment available and have it be readily accessible for maintenance. The main engine room access is from two outside hatches just aft of the salon doors. The salon floor panels can also come apart for greater access to the engine room when needed. Air intake for the engines is accomplished through openings underneath the cockpit coaming boards which then travels through the lazarette and then to the engines thus allowing for less salt to come in contact with the engine components. To achieve the extremely low sound and vibration that Flemings are known for, Sea-Torque shaft drive systems transfer the thrust directly to the hull and the engine is isolated by using soft engine mounts.
Aft of the engine room, the lazarette houses the water tanks, steering gear, and air conditioning compressors while also leaving ample room for storing cruising gear such as deck chairs, spare anchors, rode, lines, fenders, and extra parts. Having the air conditioning compressors located here instead of in a hot engine room improves performance and efficiency while minimizing noise. Additionally, all battery isolation switches are accessible from outside the engine-room.
- (2) 500HP Cummins 8.3 QSC, common rail turbocharged (~1,445 hours each)
- Twin Racor fuel filters for mains
- (2) Pump Reverso oil change systems
- Sea Torque BOSS fully enclosed fixed shaft drive system
- Side Power electric proportional bow & stern thrusters
- Naiad Multisea2000 hydraulic stabilizers (7.5 SF fins)
- Onan 17 KW eQD generator (~1,067 hours)
- (1) 3,500 Watt outback inverter
- (2) Iso-Boost transformers
- Charles AC master controller (auto switching)
- House batteries—new 2017
- 220V AC electrical service
- 24V DC electrical service
- Manual/automatic clean agent fire extinguishing system
- (4) Fiberglass fuel tanks (~1,000 Gal Total)
- (4) Polypropylene water tanks (~300 Gal Total)
- Black water tank (~100 Gal Total)
- Hynautic hydraulic steering
- 5 Zone air con with electric heat in salon and master
- Factory plumbed and ready for fuel transfer and polishing system installation
- Life jackets
- Ring buoy
- Dock lines
- Fenders & fender lines
- Flare kit
- 406 EPIRB with GPS & auto deploy (new 2016—not mounted)
- Ultra anchor
- Switlik liferaft (new—Spring 2017)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.