Asking: $ 775,000
A very clean and well maintained 55 Fleming with Caterpillar 3208 engines. Boat has had a variety of extensive retrofits, service, and maintenance done within the past two years. Features include twin Northern Lights generators, Naiad stabilizers, bow-thruster, Aqua-drive system, Garmin electronics, and bimini top & aft deck awning. Interior accommodations includes port VIP stateroom with twin berths, starboard stateroom bunk arrangement, and en-suite master stateroom with a queen berth to forward.
|ENGINES||Caterpillar 3208TA @ 435 hp|
|EFFICIENT CRUISE SPEED||10 Kt|
|HIGH CRUISE SPEED||13 Kt|
|FUEL CAPACITY||1,000 gal|
|WATER CAPACITY||300 gal|
|BLACKWATER CAPACITY||100 gal|
Entering from the aft cockpit deck you are immediately greeted with a capacious salon. Featuring the timeless appeal of teak cabinetry, vast windows, teak sole with holly accents, and most importantly, an interior layout that balances form with function. This layout allows for an open social environment while keeping the function of the galley separated from the rest of the salon. With a 16’ beam, this spacious open floor plan makes entertaining guests an effortless endeavor.
Starting at the aft-port side of the salon you will find a bar with ample glass and bottle storage. Forward of the bar is a large L-shaped settee that wraps around to the edge of the galley counter-top and is complimented by ateak hi-lo coffee/dining table. This settee, along with the twin chairs to the starboard side, provide comfortable seating for up to six in the salon. To the starboard side is a credenza spanning the length of the salon which provides great storage capabilities, along with the additional storage space found beneath the port side settee. An entertainment center resides to the starboard aft corner and features audio-video equipment fit behind a teak cabinet and a 34” Samsung HD TV situated on top.
- 34” Samsung TV
- KVH TV5 Trac-Vision sat TV system
- Cable TV hookup
- Blu-ray player
- Audio Receiver with speakers and volume control in salon, master stateroom, pilothouse, flybridge, & cockpit
- Full credenza to starboard
- Entertainment cabinet to aft starboard
- L-shaped settee to port
- Bar to aft port
- Weighted Hi-Lo coffee/dining table
- (2) Salon chairs
The galley is tucked to the port side just forward of the salon, which is separated by a large Corian counter top peninsula and overhead galley cabinets with flybridge dumbwaiter access. Wrapping around the U-shaped counter of the galley you will find a dishwasher, double-bowl sink, a ceramic three burner cooktop with custom pot holders, a trash compactor, and a convection microwave overhead. Teak cabinets fill in the rest of the galley including a storage compartment just forward of the cook top that can accommodates a full range of saucepans. Across to the opposing starboard side is a dish storage compartment, additional storage drawers, and a full-sized refrigerator.
- Sharp 850W Convection Microwave
- Frigidaire Dishwasher
- Kenyon 220v (3) Burner Cook Top
- Miele Oven (Stored Ashore- Never Used)
- 20 Cu. Ft. GE Profile Full-Size Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Dispenser & Teak Door Panel
- Corian Counter Tops
- Insinkerator Waste Disposal
- Grohe Mixer Faucets
- Paragon PSR 24-Volt fresh water pump
- Broan 20 Gal Trash Compactor
- Water purifier
Following the five short steps straight down from the salon will lead you to the central passage of the accommodations. This traditional layout has been a signature mainstay in the Fleming 55 that provides an easy and convenient flow of traffic throughout the boat. This central accommodations passage also makes it possible to appreciate the full length of the vessel from forepeak bulkhead to transom. Once in the passageway you will find a two-berth bunk arrangement in the guest cabin to starboard and another guest stateroom to port with a two-berth side by side arrangement. Just forward of the starboard side guest stateroom in the passageway is a full-sized 220v Asko washer & separate dryer followed by the guest head. The en-suite master stateroom tops off the accommodations at the forward peak of the vessel.
The master stateroom is composed of a queen sized island berth surrounded by shelves, cabinets, drawers, and his & hers hanging lockers to either side. This island berth arrangement allows for access from either side and the berth can be raised with gas-assisted struts to access a large storage cavity underneath, perfect for storing extra bed linens or keeping valuables out of sight. Over head are two skylights which, along with port holes to each side, provide natural light to the cabin. To the starboard side, facing the berth, is a flatscreen Samsung TV with BluRay player and to the port-side resides the en-suite master head.
Both the master and guest heads are exceptionally spacious and feature shower stalls, mirrored vanities with sinks, and Corian countertops.
The port stateroom has twin single berths with a nightstand separating them. Along the forward wall of the stateroom is a large hanging locker with drawers below and a full length mirror. Additional storage is found through drawers underneath each berth and shelving above. The starboard stateroom features twin berths in a bunk arrangement. The top bunk can slide in towards the outboard wall to provide more space for a single guest. There is a full length mirror on the forward wall and ample storage is provided via drawers and a nightstand.
In many modern yacht designs it has become commonplace to eliminate the inside steering station, however the Fleming 55 features a dedicated pilothouse which closely resembles the bridge of a much larger vessel. This dedicated pilothouse takes the role as the primary location to operate the boat without any distractions from other on-board activities. With that said it remains only three short steps up from the salon & galley and it is only another four interior steps up to the flybridge.
Visibility forward and wrapping around to port and starboard windows is excellent. Below the expansive windshield are consoles which provide ample room for a full range of modern electronics and equipment without intruding on the engine instrumentation. Overhead consoles provide additional space for equipment within easy reach. Both AC and DC electrical breaker panels are below the console to either side and can swing out to provide access to wiring connections. There is a proper chart area to the starboard side with large drawers for maps, cruising guides, navigation instruments, binoculars, and other necessities. Centered along each port and starboard side of the pilothouse are sliding doors that lead out to the side Portuguese decks. To the aft of the port side door resides a raised L-shaped settee and table which provides a comfortable social area with phenomenal visibility while underway. Aft of the starboard side door you will find additional storage through a hanging locker and extra drawers. A large stainless steel teak-trimmed destroyer wheel and Stidd helm chair finish off the pilothouse and perfectly accent this ultimate cruising yacht.
- Furuno NavNet V2 radar/chart plotter
- Garmin 12″ chart plotter
- (2) Furuno RD-33 data organizers
- Garmin GMI20 instrument display
- (2) Garmin VHF300 with hailer
- Garmin AIS600
- Garmin autopilot
- Garmin GT30-TPH DownVu/SideVu
- Garmin GXM52 XM weather
- Navico 110WX wind sensor
- FloScan digital gauges
- VDO engine gauges
- Bennett trim tab controls
- Naiad stabilizer controller
- Bow thruster control
- 19″ Samsung TV to port of console
- Furuno weather fax
- FCI watermaker remote
- Dual search light control
- Pelco KBD300 camera system control
- Fusion Music system with two speakers
- Iridium dock station with external antenna
- Ritchie compass
- Stidd helm chair
- Pilothouse settee & teak table
- Steps to flybridge access to aft wall, behind helm
The flybridge is easily accessed from the interior steps in the pilothouse or by the ladder from the cockpit. It features a two-seat upper helm station located to port that provides excellent visibility particularly in close quarters and bustling harbors with its 360 degree view. The electronics console is large enough to house an array of equipment with easy access to the rear of the console available by hinging open the bookshelf behind the pilothouse settee below. The starboard side of the flybridge features a U-shaped settee with a fixed fiberglass table. Aft of the helm on the port side consists of an additional settee and the hatch for the galley dumbwaiter access. The following aft boat deck features a davit, tender, and mounted tender chocks to starboard. The hatch and step ladder to the cockpit resides to the aft port side. Overhead a white bimini top provides shade over the flybridge area and the fiberglass radar arch supports the mast, dome, and open array.
- Furuno NavNet V2 radar/charplotter
- Garmin 12″ chart plotter
- (2) Garmin GMI20 instrument display
- (2) Garmin VHF300 with hailer
- Bow thruster control
- Engine start/stop
- Engine control gauges
- Trim tab control
- Ritchie compass
- Fireboy engine shutdown system
- Dual search light control
- Fusion MS-RA70N with 4 JL Audio speakers and 800W amplifier
- Fusion MS-RA70N with 2 Polk Audio
In common with all Flemings, the hull is hand laid and solid fiberglass reinforced with a grid of stringers and frames. Vinylester resin is utilized below the waterline on the hull with further protection provided by epoxy barrier coats. A reasonable five foot draft allows for Bahamas cruising while ensuring that the running gear is protected by a full-length keel which is foam filled and glassed across the top to isolate it from the hull. This keel provides nearly a foot length of protection before the running gear.
On deck she has the mainstay walk-around decks in combination with high bulwarks and a Portuguese bridge, which ensures security for both children and pets. The decks themselves are natural teak, while all of the wood caprails, trim, and combing boards are varnished teak. The cockpit features a control station located starboard of the salon doors while additional storage is to port behind the ladder that leads up to flybridge. On the cockpit deck are four gasketed and lockable hatches that provide access to the engine room and spacious lazarette. The transom of the cockpit features a large gate that swings in to allow ingress to the swim platform.
Moving forward along the side decks you will discover entry gates on either side of the cockpit side decks which provide a lower point of entry close to the water line. Meanwhile, additional gates to the sides of the Portuguese bridge give a higher access point when needed for certain docking situations. Up to the bow will bring you to a teak foredeck with teak handrails. Special attention has been paid to the ease and safety in which the heavy duty ground tackle is set and retrieved. The anchor platform accepts two anchors, the primary can be controlled by a handheld unit at the platform or by controls at both the pilothouse and flybridge helm stations. The anchor locker directly beneath the pulpit can serve as a great place for fender storage as well. Furthermore the inside wall of the Portuguese bridge includes two storage cabinets that give convenient storage for dock lines, windshield covers, and cleaning supplies.
- Hand laid solid fiberglass hull
- Vinylester resin below waterline
- Integrally molded guard with S/S rub rail
- Simulated planking grooves in hull
- Varnished teak cap rails, cover boards, & bow rails
- Teak cockpit, side, Portuguese, and foredecks
- Forward & aft shore electric connections
- Cockpit stepladder to flybridge with icemaker beneath – to port side of salon doors
- Scotsman ice maker: 80 lb per day w/ water purifier
- Cockpit control station with storage – to starboard side of salon doors
- Cockpit freshwater wash down shower
- Aft cockpit deck bimini cover
- Fiberglass swim platform with (2) swim ladders
- Full walk-around side decks
- Bow pulpit with Lofrans windlass
- Primary anchor: 60lb galvanized H3100 Danforth with 300′ of 3/8″ chain rode
- Secondary anchor: 60lb galvanized CQR with 200′ of 1/2″ nylon rode
- Foredeck fresh & raw water hose bibs
- Flybridge bimini top
- Non-skid flybridge & boat deck
- Nautical Structures 1,000 lb low profile davit
- Tender: 11’9″ Novurania 360DL tender with Yamaha 40hp
Superior systems and engineering are key elements for Fleming Yachts, whose philosophy has always been to choose only the best equipment available and have it be readily accessible for maintenance. The main engine room access is from two outside hatches just aft of the salon doors. The salon floor panels can also come apart for greater access to the engine room when needed. Air intake for the engines is accomplished through openings underneath the cockpit combing boards which then travels through the lazarette and then to the engines thus allowing for less salt to come in contact with the engine components. To achieve the extremely low sound and vibration that Flemings are known for, Aquadrive systems transfer the thrust directly to the hull and the engine is isolated by using soft engine mounts.
Aft of the engine room, the lazarette houses the water tanks, steering gear, and air conditioning compressors while also leaving ample room for storing cruising gear such as deck chairs, spare anchors, rode, lines, fenders, and extra parts. Having the air conditioning compressors located here instead of in a hot engine room improves performance and efficiency while minimizing noise.
- T-Caterpillar 3208, turbocharged & aftercooled – 435HP (~1,600hrs)
- (2) Northern Lights 12 kW generators (~2,350 hours)
- Wesmar 10HP, 24V electric bow thruster
- Naiad hydraulic stabilizers
- 220V AC electrical service
- 24V DC electrical service
- 24v MasterVolt battery charger for house & engines
- 12v MasterVolt battery charger for generators
- 24v 2500w OutBack inverter/charger
- Manual/automatic clean agent fire system
- (4) Fiberglass fuel tanks (~1,000 Gal)
- (4) Polypropylene water tanks (~300 Gal)
- (1) Fiberglass black water tank (~100 Gal)
- Hynautic hydraulic steering
- Reverse cycle air con with 4 Zones & SMX controls
- Air seps on main engines
- Transfer oil pump w/ 40gal fiberglass reservoir tank
- Reverso Fuel Polisher 210gph